Featured briefly on Urban Ghosts before, this aircraft graveyard in Moscow stands on what used to be Khodynka Aerodrome, a newly redeveloped area of the city where rusting Soviet relics contrast with modern Russia.
Khodynka was the only airport in the city until Vnukovo International was opened in 1941. It was reportedly home to a large number of stored airframes manufactured by Russian aircraft giants Sukhoi and Mikoyan-Gurevich (MiG), which were later moved to Lukhovitsy.
But according to a 2010 Google Earth image and this series of photos by Flickr user Sergey Rodovnichenko, taken August 2012, at least 30 to 40 abandoned aircraft remain on site. Some say the site is actually an abandoned museum, where the hulks of Soviet Russia linger alongside the modern sports arena and skyscrapers that occupy much of the site today.