This dramatic image shows the abandoned radar dishes at RAF Stenigot, a former World War Two-era radar station in Lincolnshire, England. Built as part of the Chain Home network, the site provided early warning of German raids against the cities of Sheffield, Nottingham and the central midlands. RAF Stenigot was retained as part of the Chain Home network until 1959 when it became a NATO communications relay site. This saw the addition of four tropospheric scatter dishes, which remain at the abandoned base today. With the Cold War drawing to a close, Stenigot was decommissioned in the late 1980s and mostly demolished by 1996.